Mix Veg Curry with Whey Protein
Here's a recipe for a mixed vegetable curry that incorporates unflavored whey protein concentrate for added nutrition:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for added spice)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, green beans, and peas)
- 1/2 cup unflavored whey protein concentrate
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using) and stir to combine.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and water to the pot, and stir well.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the pot and stir to coat with the tomato mixture.
- Cover the pot and let the curry simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the unflavored whey protein concentrate and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the protein powder has dissolved and the curry has thickened slightly.
- Season the curry with salt to taste.
- Serve the curry hot, garnished with chopped cilantro.
This mixed vegetable curry is a great way to incorporate unflavored whey protein concentrate into your diet. The protein powder adds nutrition without altering the flavor of the dish. Serve the curry with rice or naan bread for a complete meal. Enjoy!